You might find yourself in situations where you need to convert a weight from one system of measurement to another one. This calculator widget makes it easy for you to do this type of conversion from ounces to grams and vice versa.
Measurement Conversion Using the Widget
In two simple steps, the widget converts ounces, a customary unit of weight measure used mostly in the United States, to grams, a metric unit of weight used in the United Kingdom and many other countries. The widget can also be used for the reverse conversion.
To go from grams to ounces, in the first section of the widget:
- Enter your grams (g) measurement in the first field.
- Click the "Calculate" button to display your answer in ounces (oz).
To convert ounces to grams, use the second section of the widget:
- Enter your measurement in ounces (oz) in the first field.
- Click the "Calculate" button to see your answer in grams (oz).
To delete any calculations and start over, click the "Clear" button.
In absence of the widget, you can use the appropriate conversion formulas to convert in either direction between grams and ounces.
To manually convert grams to ounces:
- Use the formula: 1 gram = 0.03527 ounces
- Multiply your weight in grams by 0.03527
- For example: 1,000 grams (one kilogram) equals 35.27 ounces
To do the reverse conversion from ounces to grams:
- Use the formula: 1 ounce = 28.3495 grams
- Multiply your number in ounces by 28.3495 grams
- For example: 16 ounces (one pound) equals 453.592 grams
Online Tools Simplify Calculations
Online tools such as our widget measurement converters simplify your calculations. Whether you are in a hurry, are in the middle of a baking recipe, have a long list of conversions to do, or just want to an easier method, you can add this grams to ounces converter to your online toolbox.