Perhaps you are ordering something from Europe to ship to the U. S. or the other way around and need to convert the weight of your purchases from grams to pounds or vice versa. When you find yourself at a loss for the conversion formulas, an online conversion widget will come in handy to save you time and decrease the effort of doing the calculations.
What the Widget Does
This widget is simple to use to convert from the international metric system to the customary system of the U. S. and will also do the reverse.
How to Use the Widget
The first part of the calculator allows you to convert grams to pounds.
- Enter the number in grams (g) you want to convert in the first box.
- Click on the "Calculate" button.
- Your answer will then display in pounds (lb).
The second part of the widget allows you to convert pounds into grams.
- Enter the number in pounds (lb) you want to convert in the first box.
- Click "Calculate."
- The widget will then show your answer in grams (g).
You can delete your results from the widget so you can enter new numbers by clicking the "Clear" button that appears after your answer displays.
Works For Various Situations
You will find this calculator handy for several situations, such as for:
- Recipe conversions when ingredients are listed in different units
- Converting the weight of products such as packaged foods sold from one country to another
- Figuring out the equivalents of nutrients, like how grams of fat compare to pounds
- Interpreting articles that use one system of weight so you can understand the articles accurately using your own system
- For doctors and other health professionals who may have to make complicated conversions from one system to the other
It is always good to have a back-up system for everything, so it is useful to have the conversion formulas to convert from one system to the other by hand:
- Grams to pounds: To convert grams to pounds, the conversion formula is 1 gram is equivalent to 0.0022 pounds:
- Multiply your number in grams by 0.0022 pounds.
- For example, 1,000 grams (one kilogram) equals 2.2 pounds.
- Pounds to grams: To convert pounds to grams, the conversion formula is 1 pound equals 453.59 grams:
- Multiply your number in pounds by 453.59 grams.
- For example, 10 pounds equals 4,535.9 grams (about 4.5 kilograms).
Note that there are 16 ounces in one pound, if you need to include ounces in your conversions.
An Efficient Conversion
This weight conversion widget makes it simple and efficient to switch between grams and pounds and the other way around. Use it anytime you need a reliable tool that can save you time and give you accurate answers.